Saturday 28 September 2013

Spooky Halloween Door

I wasn't going to join this swap as I've done a mini door swap before and found it quite difficult especially after receiving some amazing doors made from fimo, clay and wood! I'm more of a papercrafter but I was assured that it was fine to use paper. My swappee the lovely Jas, likes gore and Rocky Horror among other things. I came up with the idea of placing a door over the back of a small 7 x 5 stretched canvas and here is the result:


The gate opens....


Then the door opens to reveal...


arrrrrgggghhhhhhh..... :o)


I painted the whole canvas with dark blue and purple to create a dark sky feel. I cut the door and frame, cobwebs and gate out on my silhouette portrait. I attached wood-a-like paper to the front part of the door. I printed off the piccy inside, attached it all and smeared fake blood over everything.

and this is what the back of the canvas looks like:


I printed off a large orange moon and stamped, coloured and cut the Dylusions dead tree. The bat and witch were cut on my portrait machine and added at the end.


 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant!! Why on earth did you worry, Sian? It is SO Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete