Sunday 27 January 2013

Affirmation Postcards

Part of a swap on UKS we had to create two sets of 6 x 4 inch postcards - one with serious affirmations on and the other an "alternative" set with funny affirmations on. I did my funny ones first, here they are:



I painted the backgrounds, stamped the border and Stampotique's Supergirl, colouring her with ProMarkers. I handwrote the affirmation and printed the pills from the net, cut them out and added them on.

For my serious ones I took a photo of the background before I covered it over as it's part of it. I sprayed with Dylusions Turquoise and After Midnight then used letter stencils to ghost the word free.




I stamped over the background with Dylusions stamps. I cut Tim Holtz bird cage from dark blue card and cut it open as though it had been broken. The bird image and the words, Set Yourself Free are both from Etsy, which I printed, cut and stuck down. I stamped the wavy Dylusions border and then went over it with black pen as I'd stamped it in teal and it wasn't very visible. This is the finished result...


And here are the other two:



The others that I've seen are fantastic and I think they are going to be a really lovely set when they are all complete. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does. Keep Crafting. Sian xx

4 comments: