Wednesday 22 August 2012

Look closer...

The regular monthly tag swap on UKScrappers has a theme in August of "canvas". I happened to have two pieces of printable canvas paper that mum gave me - I think they call that serendipity. I decided to print a vibrant background onto them before adding my images however printing on canvas turned out to be a washout - literally, the background looked washed out. So I sprayed over them with dylusions sprays with varying results. On one I added some water which succeeded in sealing that particular tags fate as a faded background. The others are more vibrant but it wasn't the easiest medium to work with in tag form.

I added Dylusions images to the tags and a quote which I hand wrote. I stuck to three colours - pink, green and blue. Here's the tags:




I wanted a quote that went with the emphasised glasses on the lovely Pondering Petunia. My mum says it reminds her of her huge glasses in the 80s :oD The quote also reminds me not to judge people by their initial appearance but to get to know them. I recently used the same quote on an art journal page I made with the help of Dyan Reaveley's fantastic new book, "My Creative Journal Journey" which gives you step by step guidance. Here's the page:




I'm not sure it's totally finished, but for now it is. I've some other projects to blog but I'm waiting until they've been received by the swappee so they get to see them first. 

Keep crafting! Sian xxx

1 comment:

  1. Tags and your art journal are fab, love the big specs, reminds me of what I wore in the 80's

    ReplyDelete