Saturday 11 August 2012

August Card Swap

So for anyone who reads this regularly you will know I've taken over the card swap on UKScrappers. This month the swap was written as follows:

"Sadly this year we've had less and less butterflies than usual due to the weather. The wind has been blowing the pollen off the flowers - but if people buy plants such as buddleja's (also known as Butterfly Bushes) we can help. They are structured differently holding the pollen deeper within their flowers so the wind can't get at them. I'm not asking you to buy a buddleja (though they are gorgeous!!!) but let's bring those butterflies back ladies - August is (meant to be) summer and with summer comes birds, bees, dragonflies and butterflies - the theme therefore will be WINGED THINGS.

As an extra option for those who choose to accept (you don't need to do this part) it I'd like to see some purple on there as most Buddleja's are purple and some fabric (this can be interpreted as ribbon if you like)"

I did intend to use all three criteria but once I'd made the first one I decided that adding fabric or ribbon would spoil it so I've stuck to the theme and also used purple and here's the cards:






I stamped the papermania butterfly stamp onto stampin up whisper white card using fired brick, spiced maramalade, mustard seed and shabby shutters distress inks, drew a purple line around the image then cut it leaving a white border. I matted it onto tempting turquoise (stampin' up!) card then stamped the Indigo Blu stamp "let your could and spirit fly" onto acetate using royal purple staz on (everything else wipes off) I attached the acetate using mini foam pads then covered the pads with purple self adhesive gems. Finally I attached the lot using double sided tape to the gorgeous elegant eggplant stampin' up! card

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Sian - and I get one I think so happy days for me.

    ReplyDelete