Friday 25 July 2014

She Art Style Canvas

I recently took the fabulous She Art online course with Christy Tomlinson and so decided to host a swap on UKScrappers for a She Art style canvas swap to try out what I'd learnt. My swappee had no colour preferences so I used a little banner embellishment I had with the word "dream" on to decide the colour pallette. Here's what I made:



I used a 10" by 8" canvas, covered in paint, then stamped with She Art stamps, Bo Bunny and Stampin' Up!
 I created my own She Art girl using 7 Dots Studio papers. I used Tim Holtz stickers for the words and stamped a border with Bo Bunny stamps and purple archival ink


The banner came in a scrapbook kit from The Works. The sunshine stencil is from Clarity and I used gorgeous gold pearl texture paste from Cosmic Shimmer through it.


The hair is painted with magenta paint and then drawn over with a black gelly roll pen. The wings are Julie Nutting/Prima stamped onto Gorjuss paper. I also used Cosmic Shimmer Vivid Violet glitter texture paste. I created the top, arms and head from Messy Head papers


The skirt is Finnabair 9th Wave paper with Tim Holtz rub-ons (in white) and Kelly Panacci stickers.


I added paintable canvas in the corner


and finally doodled with black and white gelly roll pens.


I am posting today so I won't reveal who I've made it for. Just hope she likes it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

1 comment: