Monday 17 September 2012

Making books into cards

For the September Card Swap over on UKScrappers I chose this month's theme as BOOKS. The main criteria was to use a book page or alternative as part of your design. As two additional challenges I suggested using a book as the theme, e.g. Alice in Wonderland, and then with the (rather annoying) huge sales of 50 Shades of Grey I suggested people use many shades of one colour. The main theme of books is mandatory but the other two themes are optional. I decided to make the same card in 5 different colours and really wanted to make use of some of my favourite stamps. Here are my 5 cards:







I used 5 different shades of Stampin' Up! card for the bases. I matched ink to card to create the bottom background and stamped a "She Art" background stamp. The second layer is Bazzill Antique book paper sprayed with Dylusions ink. I used a sentiment from Dylusions stamp set, "Say What You Mean" and finally stamped a Suzi Blu girl and coloured her in using all different shades of pro-markers.

I've loved all the different cards that have come through my door and look forward to seeing the rest when they arrive this week.

1 comment:

  1. Love the cards Sian, and yippee! I have one! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete