Friday 14 September 2012

Inspire Me!

As part of the art journal CJ, "From the Ashes" I've completed an entry in a journal called "Inspire Me" where we are to create a page using whatever inspires us.

On the back I've written, "Without a doubt my inspiration often comes from other mixed media artists whether they are well-known or amateurs - other people's creativitiy constantly astounds me. For this entry I've chose stamps by Suzi Blu, Donna Downey & Dylusions. Dyan Reavely of Dylusions is a huge inspiration to me right now. my other favourite form of inspiration is quotes and poetry. To form words in such a way that it moves, inspires and affects people is a gift! I've called this piece, "Live a Life Inspired"...


The sentiment in the middle is a Donna Downey stamp which spoke to me straight away. I do feel I can't breathe if I'm not making something or thinking about making something. I used gorgeous Dylusions sprays to make the background I love how well they blend and how bright they are and how when they mix together they create other colours. So I hope Yolanda - the owner of the CJ - likes it as I enjoyed making it very much. Sian xxx

2 comments:

  1. Just love this Sian, great sentiments and I love the colours. I need to save up and get me some more of those inks and some aj type stamps methinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sian, I love it, thanks so much <3

    ReplyDelete