Tuesday 13 March 2012

Steampunk Screen

Another swap for UKScrappers. This time a mini 8 inch high four panel screen as featured in Craft Stamper magazine. We were to create our own in the style of our swap partner. My swap partner wanted steampunk. As luck would have it I'd ordered a Steampunk craft CD that day from Jem's Designs and being quite a fan I had some chipboard and metal embellishments - not enough of course so I had to order more, you understand!!

In Craft Stamper one side was patterned paper and the other was more decorative and embellished so working along those lines I decorated one side first:


I added the smaller panels matted onto black cardstock at the end as I felt the panels looked a bit flat. On the other side I covered the panels with a background paper from the digi kit Robot Rust available at Daisytrail for Craft Artist. Then I added inked and embossed steampunk embellishments.


I took plenty of photos but haven't got the hanging of lighting on my camera yet. The first shot was taken with the flash on which on the camera screen looked a lot better. The second shot was without the flash. The first picture shows the colour more realistically.








I attached the panels with metal eyelets and copper wire.




Finally I made a card for my swapee:



Thankfully I've heard from her and she likes it. Phew!

5 comments:

  1. Loving the steampunk theme for the altered screen , using metal wire to attach to each panel really keeps in with the whole theme. I'm sure your swapee will be delighted with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your swapee is going to love that - it's amazing! I too love all things cogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely screen Sian - thanks for joining in my swap :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great screen and fab take on the steampunk theme. Great job (as usual).

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this screen Sian ... beautiful piece of steampunk art ... you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete