Thursday 1 December 2011

Fake metal embellishments

I subscribe to 3 magazines each month one of them being Scrapbook Magazine but its usually a year later when I get round to actually reading them. Well I finally got round to reading edition 55 from summer (maybe not even this summer!!!) and I found a fab technique on page 33 to make fake metal embellishments and I made this:

















And it was sooo easy! I got some grungepaper inked it up with versamark, covered it in gold wow embossing powder, heated it up and repeated this process 3 times. Then on the third time whilst the powder was still hot I stamped into it and viola!!

The article said you can rub over it with black alcohol ink - not sure I've got any as I don't really know one ink pad from the other in terms of what's in them - but I rubbed Black Soot Distress Ink over the top and managed to get that dirty metal look anyway.

Lovely! Maybe now I will stop buying so many metal charms?!

Maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment