Tuesday 18 March 2014

Spoon Angel

A lovely swap on UKScrappers with the lovely Chrissie to create a Spoon Angel as seen in Craft Stamper magazine. A direct swap we were given a person in secret and told their requirements. I was given the lovely Pauline who wanted turquoise, bluey-greens, silver and a flash of hot pink! Gorgeous! So here's what I did:

I used a 5x7 canvas, coated it with blue and white paint then covered it with two sheets of She Art coffee filter sheets then added more turquoise paint in various shades. I then mod podged strips of Finnabair's9th Wave "Wavy Ocean" paper which has beautiful green and blue shades and lots of textured detail of fabrics. I painted over these strips again and added strips of silver and hot pink paint then some stamped images in black, silver and wild plum. If you look at the picture up close you can see a trail of dragonflies and gems starting bottom left going up past the right wing and over the angel's head. 

For the spoon, I added two layers of gesso then took some advice from the fab Karen and glued tissue paper over the top of that. Then I painted the spoon dark to light turquoise. For the face I stamped Suzi Blu's Life is Fun onto tissue paper and coloured it very gently with Blush promarker and used Emerald green for her eyes, then glued her onto the spoon. I painted the pink shoulders and the blond hair then used a Micron pen to add the lines. I used a metal flower and brad from Finnabair's Vintage Mechanicals  in the bottom right corner. Finally I added the gems up the body and used patterned silver mirror card and Sissix Angel Wings die for the wings. Here's another pic, I couldn't decide which was better or if the pictures were different in any way so I've added them both :) Hope Pauline likes it as she's very talented!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment