Tuesday 11 March 2014

Journaling

I've just completed a couple of Circle Journal entries - both based on quotes - one funny, one serious. The first one I finished was a single page for the lovely Yolanda in the Secret Swappers, a lovely group I'm in at UKScrappers. We could choose a funny quote so I went with this one:

The alphabet on the words me, unicorn and slap are Suzi Blu. The border is from Julie Nutting's Mixed Media borders and the words are stamped and hand-written on to backgrounds I made myself, scanned and then printed out. Here's the background before the quote went on:

I used acrylic paints, washi tape and various stamps.

The second entry I completed was in the fab Cynthia's Quotes to Live By for the Jolly Journaler's CJ again on UKS (where else?!) I spent a while searching for a quote I really believed in and found this one:



Again I used acrylic paints, various stamps, I used the JOFY alphabet for the quote which I stamped onto one of my own handmade, scanned and printed backgrounds. The female image I had as a freebie from a purchase on Etsy and it so happened to have the word vulnerable right at the top in the middle. I printed it, outlined the word vulnerable (click on the picture and you can see a larger version) and painted the woman with purple archival ink. The heart images are Dina Wakely's Media stamps and the Fragile stamp is from a Paperartsy Eclectica set.

Thanks for looking

 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment