Thursday 30 January 2014

Vintage Fashion

My first entry into someone else's journal for the Jolly Journaller's CJ on UKScrappers
The theme is vintage fashion:


I used lots of layers on the background, starting with some torn papers and paint, then adding tissue paper, glaze, stamping and more paint until I was finally happy with how it looked.

I wrote the quote onto Finnabair's Domestic Goddess paper with black and white gelly roll pens 


I made the 50's style dress from Stampin' Up! paper, I drew a basic shape for the top and the bottom then just cut it. I curved the skirt so it stands off the page at certain points. I used the same paper for the belt I just coloured it with a black promarker.


Here's some close-ups of the background. I used themed tissue paper with cotton reels and scissors and the same with torn paper. I used Domestic Goddess and some scrap paper I had which had patterns on it.


I used Prima Stitch stamps round the edge and as part of the background and some Dylusions and Tim Holtz background stamps.


I added a white gelly roll outline to the dress just to make it stand out a bit more from the dark background and then added some She Art inspired doodles at various points.


I used some tape measure ribbon and some red ribbon to underline the quote.


 I also used the same ribbon on the sign-in tag which has Prima stitch stamps round the edge, some Domestic Goddess paper and Festive Berries distress dabber rubbed over it.



 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment