Saturday 4 January 2014

Jolly Journaling

I've joined a new Circle Journal on UKScrappers - no great surprise that it's an art journal based CJ called Jolly Journallers. I decided I wanted to make a book for this one and I've called my theme, "Free Your Imagination". Here's the book:




I've covered greyboard with Finnabair's Sunrise Sunset papers and added stamped images from Visible Image, metal embellishments from Tim Holtz and Finnabair and painted grungepaper. The image on the back is a Sweet Pea Digital Stamp. As there are buckles on the front I thought it might be confusing as to where you open the journal hence the signs on the back.

Inside is the introduction and some instructions on how to remove a page then fasten the pages back together. I created these pages on Craft Artist Professional 2 and added paint round the edges once I'd stuck them down.




I added some doodling to the back of the intro page as it looked so blank and white and sad! The bird stamp is from a Fiskars set called "For the Birds".


For my entry I wanted to use this image which I love from Sweet Pea designs. It's a digital stamp version of the gorgeous image by Rebecca Sinz. The birds in the top right are Tim Holtz. The quote refers to endings often being a new beginning but I wanted to find one that included either the word broken or the words falling apart. It had a personal meaning to me.


I decorated the back for the same reason I did the back of the intro so it didn't look so sad and white :)


Finally a picture of how the book is held together. I punched three holes with a cropodile, threaded chain through the whole thing and then fastened the chain with Tim Holtz trinket pins


Looking forward to starting this CJ.

 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment