Friday 22 February 2013

I love...

The February card swap on UKScrappers was a slight twist on Valentine's Day in that instead of making a card based on someone you love we had to create cards inspired by someTHING we love. Whatever we are passionate about was to create our cards. I had a few ideas but it kept coming back to the same thing for me... and that's art journaling. I love it! And as I made the cards more passions came out as I'll explain once you've seen the cards.

The two optional ideas were to use red, the colour of passion, and to use an emotive word on the card. I managed to include both these criteria. Here's the first card:




The quote stamp is from Dylusions and the girl is a Suzi Blu stamp. I love quotes, I love stamping, I love using promarkers and I love the colours purple, pink and turquoise. I also love to use scraps and the sentiments were stamped on some scrap paper. The backgrounds were created with Dylusions sprays, various stencils and acrylic paint. 

I chose these particular stamps because I'm also an advocate of complete self acceptance, of people feeling loved and safe and worthy. I thought when it was all put together it would make a nice card to give to a young or teenage girl that may be struggling, or a friend or relative that you wanted to let know that they are loved, perhaps someone is going through a tough time and this card may be to help let them know they can get through it.
Here are the rest of the cards:








They are quite different to the other cards in the swap so I hope they are received well or at least appreciated for the message that I have intended to relay. Keep Crafting. Siân xxx

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely Sian! Love all of the elements of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sian that's simply fabulous hun, loving the art journalling look and the statement!

    ReplyDelete