Saturday 17 November 2012

Where trouble melts like lemon drops...

The November Card Swap theme this month was to be inspired by a piece of music. Simples. And I was inspired by this:


Israel  "IZ" Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole died aged 38 with obesity related problems. Ten thousand people attended his funeral and this video shows the funeral and the scattering of his ashes in the Pacific Ocean. It is one of my dreams to swim in the Pacific Ocean. This mellow, simple folk version of the song and what I perceive as happiness in the video inspired me to create these simple cards:



I've never created anything with so much white space on and the temptation to add something to the corners or border - anything - was difficult to ignore but I was determined that these cards were to have a simple message and a clean look. The rainbow is from the Octopode Factory and I've coloured it in with pro-markers. Keep Crafting - and Keep Dreaming - Sian xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment