Wednesday 4 March 2015

Twisted Sisters

I'm enjoying being part of the Twisted Sisters CJ on UKScrappers, I nearly didn't join but I'm really glad I did as it's FAB! We started by creating a full page and then creating a background. Then we sent our CJs onwards and the next person creates on your prepared background then makes another background for the next person. Confused? LOL

I received Jules gorgeous gorgeous journal with a beautiful green, pink and white background ready for me to work on. I happened to have about 6 quirky house images ready stamped and coloured in various pinks and greens - they matched really well. I also happened to be listening to the Pretty Reckless song House on a Hill - ok it's not a chirpy song by any means but I love it - so I based my page on it! Here it is:


I used Luminarte silks in Sunburst to paint the cog sun and the haunted house was cut on my silhouette. I wrote some of the lyrics along the sun rays in yellow pen.


I created the hills using neocolor wax pastels and wrote more lyrics along the tops in green pen.


The houses are a mix of Lavinia and Polka Doodles


The pink and black border is Suzi Blu - the circles are from my new favourite Finnabair stamp set, Don't Forget to Fly which I stamped onto my own scanned and printed backgrounds. I've had the two labels for ages and they matched the page... ooo House on a Hill just came on my spotify - :oD


Now to create a background for the next person to work on... I used paperartsy paints in Moonlight,  Mermaid and Nougat. 


I pasted a page from a Chinese book that Jules had included with the CJ and painted over it, then added some Kate Crane, JOFY, Finnabair and Stampin' Up! stamps and I finished with some strips of my own scanned and backgrounds.
 





I forgot to take a piccy of Jules' page but I added a dragonfly and some diamantes to her angel page :)

I've already got the next CJ from Twisted Sisters - can't wait!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Sian, I love your page on my background. So colourful and vibrant. I lurve your background too :) x

    ReplyDelete