Sunday 28 July 2013

Mini Canvas and Easel

Another swap on UKScrappers, I decided to make two mini canvasses and that way I would get two back. The themes I received were Quirky/Freaky Graduation and Retro Gamer Chic (e.g. mario, tetris etc). 

I finished the graduation canvas first for Gill:


I asked Gill about her likes and dislikes via the Swap Fairy and I know she likes Dylusions, bright and colourful and Octopode so I used all three. I sprayed the background with Cherry Pie and Lemon Zest Dylusions ink sprays. The border is my favourite Dylusions stamp which I coloured with Gold and Berry Red promarkers. I painted the easel with yellow acrylic paint.

The Octopode image is a pre-coloured one and I got the graduation cap and gown from the internet and recoloured them a dark red - I would have made them brighter but as they were black in the original picture it was difficult to make it a vivid colour. I cut into the Octopode's hair and nestled the cap into the cuts to make it seem like the cap was supposed to be there. 

And finally, I created the sentiment in Craft Artist 2.

The second easel was for Retro Gamer chic, 
I took the pics whilst the Mod Podge was still drying so please excuse the glue marks :o)


I painted the background and the easel with a mix of blue and white paint then I used Mario and tetris images on the front, individually cut out and glued on.

I painted all four edges of the canvas black and added pacman and ghost images






So I hope they both fulfill the requirements of my swappees, I won't be publishing this until they have received them so I should have a reaction by the time this goes out :)

 photo SunshineSignature_zps54dc7c4f.jpg

1 comment:

  1. They are both stunning Sian, I love the retro gamer oneespecially!

    ReplyDelete