Tuesday 17 July 2012

Red, White & Blue!

I was really pleased to try hosting a swap on UKS for the first time. I've resurrected the card swap and for July chose the theme red, white and blue. Cards could be made with a free reign within this theme. One thing I love about being host is you get to see every card that's been made and they are all gorgeous! I will take a piccy of them all once I've received every one but for now here's the 5 cards I made for the swap.

I had some trouble when trying to adjust the colour of the photos, the program I used turned a couple blue and refused to undo it but hopefully you get the jist :)






I used mainly Stampin' Up! products - Cherry Cobbler, Island Indigo, Temptin Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White cardstock, ribbons and inks. The gorgeous background stamp is SU as is the sentiment and I used a large wheel stamp for the strip under the sentiment. The lovely flowers are the one and only Petaloo and are one of my favourite things to use on a card.

Looking forward to setting up the August swap... what will the theme be? I shall keep you guessing for now.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Sian, I may have to check out the swaps section of UKS they appear to be a lot less stressful than the CJ or is that just an illusion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Sian. I really enjoyed taking part in your swap.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete